How to style art prints and posters in your home
Art prints and posters are a great way to add personality and style to your home. Whether you're looking to create a focal point, display a collection, or simply fill empty wall space, art can help bring your living space to life.
However, with so many options available, it can be difficult to know where to start. This guide will provide you with tips and tricks on how to style art prints and posters in your apartment, so you can create a beautiful and cohesive display that showcases your personal style and reflects your taste. From choosing the right frames to playing with heights and using different mediums, you'll learn how to create a stunning display of art in your home.
2. Measure your walls: Measure the walls you want to hang your art on, so you know the size of the prints or posters you should buy. Consider the scale of your furniture and the height of your ceilings to ensure the artwork you choose is in proportion.
3. Choose the right frames: Framing your art prints and posters not only protects them but also elevates their overall look. Consider the style of the artwork, the colour of your walls, and the material of your frames. Metal, wood, or plastic frames all have different looks and will affect the overall style of your apartment.
4. Create a focal point: Art prints and posters can be used to create a focal point in your room. This could be the main artwork on a feature wall or a collection of smaller pieces hanging above a sofa. The focal point should be easily visible and draw the eye.
5. Use symmetry: Symmetrical displays of art prints and posters can create a sense of balance in your apartment. Hang a pair of pieces by the side of a doorway or above a sofa, or create a gallery wall with a central piece surrounded by smaller pieces.
6. Mix and match: Don't be afraid to mix and match different styles of art and frames. A minimalist poster can look great paired with a vintage print in an ornate frame. The contrast can add interest and personality to your apartment.
7. Play with heights: When hanging art, play with heights to create an interesting display. Hang a large piece of art at eye level and group smaller pieces around the room at different heights to add depth and levels for the eyes to wander.
8. Use different mediums: Art doesn't have to be limited to prints and posters. Consider adding original paintings, photographs, or even sculptures to your collection. Mixing different mediums can add dimension and interest to your display.
9. Be mindful of lighting: Lighting can greatly affect the look of your art. Consider the natural light in your apartment, and use lamps or spotlights to highlight key pieces.
10. Experiment: Don't be afraid to experiment with different arrangements and styles. You can always move pieces around or switch up your display as your tastes change.
In conclusion, styling art prints and posters in your apartment is a great way to add personality and character to your living space. Remember to determine your style, choose the right frames, create a focal point, and experiment with different arrangements. With these tips, you'll be on your way to creating a beautiful and stylish display of art in your home.